John Deere D160/70 vs X330

Kazedwards

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello. Let me first say that I'm so glad I found this forum! So my wife and I are building on 3 1/2 acres and will be moving in end of September. Our last home was a postage stamp yard that I push mowed so I'm new to the rider world and in the market. About a quarter of the land(around the house) will be graded really nice but the rest will be a bit rougher. It also has a gentle slope to it. I don't want to spend more then 3k and would like to buy new so there is a warranty. I'm really looking at the D160 but I'm not sure if it's a good buy. I would like it to last but I'm sure I'll want to upgrade someday. I've also considered the X330 because it is more of a garden tractor vs a lawn tractor. The only thing other than mowing I would do with it is plow the driveway in the winter, which is about 70 feet and paved. 3cars wide at the house and 1 car wide at the street. What are your guys thoughts.

Also I have a new neighbor that is selling a 445 that has 850 hours for 3500. He got it from a 25 year JD mechanic he said. As I said though I'm wary of buying used. I also don't know anything about taking care of a rider so there will be a learning curve. Any advice helps! Thanks Zach

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
First off I do like John Deere. With that being said let me tell you that most other Lawn Tractors/Garden Tractors are going to be $200 to $500 less than a comparable model to John Deere. John Deere normally does not compair apples to apples so it looks like they are close in price. Now with that being said I would not recomend the D series. They are just not in the same league as the X series. If you stick with the X series you will be much happier.

TJR345

Threads
With 3+ acres you need something more than a D series.The x330 is still considered a lawn mower it's not till you get into the x500 series is it a garden tractor.