Z Force S 48 Engine Pulley

uaf32

Forum Newbie
Threads
Model 17AI5BHB056

My drive belt was broken. I cannot get the pulley down low enough to attach the new belt. The guards are too close to the pulley to slide the belt in between it and the pulley. Its as though the pulley has fused to the shaft. I have tried prying, unscrewing the engine and pulling from the top but it will not budge. Is this a common problem with this model. Is there a hitch that I don't know about.

I called Cub Cadet and they even sent me the service manual instructions which is the exact way I was doing it in the first place. This is a discontinued model so I am wondering if this was a common problem and something I should fight Cub Cadet over.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Remove the retaining bolt and clutch completely
Start engine and set it to LOW IDLE SPEED.
while it is spinning tap , that is TAP not SMASH , the end of the pulley usually it will drop off.
For ones that are really hard I tap some wedges between the mower and the pulley, pushing the pulley down.
Then put a bolt in the shaft undone 2 to 3 turns.
Socket on the end of bolt head.
Air chisel on the end of the socket ( tip ground to smooth dome ).
When it comes off, wire brush the shaft and coat with never seize before reassembly.

uaf32

Forum Newbie
Threads
Remove the retaining bolt and clutch completely
Start engine and set it to LOW IDLE SPEED.
while it is spinning tap , that is TAP not SMASH , the end of the pulley usually it will drop off.
For ones that are really hard I tap some wedges between the mower and the pulley, pushing the pulley down.
Then put a bolt in the shaft undone 2 to 3 turns.
Socket on the end of bolt head.
Air chisel on the end of the socket ( tip ground to smooth dome ).
When it comes off, wire brush the shaft and coat with never seize before reassembly.

I tried your first suggestion but that didn't work. Will try your second one. This thing is on there solid.