Briggs 19hp single stumping me....rev limiter?

BuggyMasters

Threads
Also what is th clearance supposed to be on that pickup to flywheel?

Threads
A buisness card or 12 thousands for the magnetron coil.....

Maybe the guy took the valve cover off instead of the head ?

That blow out is only visible from the backside of the gasket and it is small. If you take the head off and just look at the front of it and put the head back on you are pissing whiskey as a old friend used to say. LOL

Threads
I will check it out again in person tomorrow. The guy said the model number is a 33R877.

He did tell me that he took the head off to make sure that everything looked ok. The valve lash if I remember right was .003 and .005. The guy is no dummy either. Seems if it was a head gasket, it would be a pig to start and would never run good at all. I mean it fires and idles fine and you can slowly start running the RPM's up and it is fine until it gets to a certain point and then it starts running like crap.

(I mean it fires and idles fine and you can slowly start running the RPM's up and it is fine until it gets to a certain point and then it starts running like crap.)

That's the exact symptoms of a bad gasket ~!~! No it will run with a bad gasket, but if it washes out and gets bigger then it's a pig to start.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Signs of a leaking head gasket ( can be all or some )
1) hard to start
1) oiled pug
3) oil pooling in carb
4) runs ok slow but gets progressivly worse as the speed increses
5) leaks oil around the head gasket
6) noisy at full throttle
7 ) blows smoke briefly when the throttle opens wide ( when you engage the blades or start to move )
8) crankcase smokes when engine is off ( stop engine & remove the dipstick )
9) oil blowing out of the fuel pump

And as you have already been told your mower is displaying several of them.
Inteck are highly probe to blowing the gasket when previously stated.
When replacing the gasket you need to lap the head and stone the cylinder as it goes hollow on the bridge between the cylinder & pushrod tunnel.
At least 3 or 4 come in every year with new gaskets ( can't be that I have replaced it ) leaking.
I fit Stens ones which are pressed from the same material used for exhaust gaskets and seems to wok a lot better than the genuine B & S ones.
The one size Stens does not use I fit solid copper and never had a single one come back.
The Oregon distributor down here only brings in the small intek gasket and it is also better than the Briggs one.

BuggyMasters

Threads
All noted guys, I will,let you know what I find. Thx

Threads
Just got back from a huge birthday bash for 3 friends of ours. 2 brothers and a sister all born within a week. Different years of course.........

Ok back to the engine in ??. Yes it does plus more. The video was a lil short and the camera wasn't on the front of the tractor.

Let that engine run for 5 minutes or so at a medium speed so the carb doesn't blow out the exhaust like it's doing in the video.

When you shut it down take the oil dip stick out and see if some smoke and fumes come out Like Bert posted # 8 on his post. Don't worry about # 9 cause you have a gravity fed system.

Like Bert said and I have seen it too. People say I just put a new gasket on. Something is wrong with the head or a bent rod maybe.

Let us know.

I wish I could see that mower in person.

Change your oil and see if there is gas in it. Or just drain a lil bit out and check to see if it is thin.

BuggyMasters

Threads
It runs the same no matter hot or cold. 30 seconds or 30 mins it runs just like that. I slowly revved it to show that it is fine until you get it up to that point. The backfiring through the carb is the problem.

Just got back from a huge birthday bash for 3 friends of ours. 2 brothers and a sister all born within a week. Different years of course.........

Ok back to the engine in ??. Yes it does plus more. The video was a lil short and the camera wasn't on the front of the tractor.

Let that engine run for 5 minutes or so at a medium speed so the carb doesn't blow out the exhaust like it's doing in the video.

When you shut it down take the oil dip stick out and see if some smoke and fumes come out Like Bert posted # 8 on his post. Don't worry about # 9 cause you have a gravity fed system.

Like Bert said and I have seen it too. People say I just put a new gasket on. Something is wrong with the head or a bent rod maybe.

Let us know.

I wish I could see that mower in person.

Change your oil and see if there is gas in it. Or just drain a lil bit out and check to see if it is thin.

Threads

This is one of the main reasons I was posting. I wasn't asking if it ran for a certain amount of time.

BuggyMasters

Threads

This is one of the main reasons I was posting. I wasn't asking if it ran for a certain amount of time.

Ok I'll try to get back over there tomorrow.