How crappy are the Powermore OHV's and has anyone found any actual specs for them?

BOB NELSON

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / How crappy are the Powermore OHV's and has anyone found any actual specs for them?
DOES THE POWERMORE OHV ENGINE HAVE A TIMING BELT LIKE THE HONDA DOES BOB

tuffnell

Threads
  • / How crappy are the Powermore OHV's and has anyone found any actual specs for them?
I know of two 208cc Powermores (One is two years old and the other is one year old) being used on snowblowers, No problems with either one.
No timing belts used on the 208cc.

earthworm

Threads
Yeah, i agree to the guess work. Especially when it comes to an engine that no one, Not even the folks using the engine, can even understand. I was kind of hoping the problem was my lack of patience with the people at MTD and that someone with a more understanding attitude was able to get further with them and was able to get some actual specs out of one of there "techs". I appreciate the reply and hopefully the folks at MTD will eventually be able to figure out what is going on with the engine they are working with and give us poor techs a little more to work with than a crystal ball.
Since it looks like I'm going to be working on these engines no matter what i guess I'll order the service book and then the "techs" at MTD can request the info from me and know that at least someone knows where to find the specs. Then I'll Put them on hold for 45 min. while i have coffee and smoke a couple cigs before i tell them to STICK IT.
But I'll be glad to refer any specs to my fellow wrenches that need them so feel free to e-mail me if anyone needs info. cornellandsons@charter.net
I think that the solution is for our government to demand that if the Mexicans, the Chinese, the Martians wish to do business with us, they will have to abide with some rules.
Good customer service is one..If they do not know what this is, I'll be be happy to explain. Of course, I'll need the team approach; no one man show will suffice.
This may even "level" the playing field and our manufacturers will stand a chance....via excellent service..

Rgflo64

Threads
I purchased a 2018 cub cadet cc 30 that has a 382 mL engine on May May 11, 2018 now almost 3 years later it is spun a bearing and picked half of the ride cat through the side of the engine and I am about two weeks away from the Warranty running out and all they do is tell me to go to a dealer

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Spun a bearing where ?

claycock

Forum Newbie
Threads
DOES THE POWERMORE OHV ENGINE HAVE A TIMING BELT LIKE THE HONDA DOES BOB
yes This is a china copy of a Honda. Have had mine for over 10 years, change oil yearly, clean filter regularly and dont leave old gas in it over the winter months. Never had a problem with mine usally starts on first pull, has pretty well worn out the front tires which are used with the selfpropell. unit. not sure if they have the hardened crank and crank bearing like a Honda. but it gave me good service over the years.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Whoa...Just which one are you referring to. The P61, P70, P71 use direct crankshaft gear to camshaft gear timing. Very similiar to a Briggs engine. No timing belt. Besides Powermore are MTD engines.
And no they don't have ball bearings. The bearing is physically part of the crankcase.

These engines will be exclusively distributed and serviced by MTD under the Powermore® engine brand. Powermore® engines are a premium small block engine with advantages that in many cases are better than competitive engine models.

Reference: 769_03354A_P61,P65,P70 Vertical Engine Service Manual.