fuel ratio for homelite chainsaw

noma

Threads
Hi

Was wondering if any one know what the fuel ratio for a homelite chainsaw ? Model CS-40 ut number is 10760 ,any help on this will be greatly welcome. Neighbor chainsaw with no manual available. I'm thinking i used this before and don't remember what ratio, before i think i used 32 to 1 or 40 to 1. I'm thinking the 32 to1 would be better but then that might be to oily. well thanks:licking:

Scooterbum

Forum Newbie
Threads
With todays modern oils 50:1 is fine.

noma

Threads
Scooterbum

Do you think i can get by with that lean of mixture? Its a older and mfg in 95 ,i'm thinking synthetic oil will maybe help to and i forgot to get some when i was in town yesterday. I don't know i'm just after options or if some one had a manual for this model, there is a web site for homelite and i have checked there and they no longer have manuals for this unit.And i have even called then and they don't know. wwwhomelite.com :licking:

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
i have found specs for homelite chain saws very close to yours...all use 40-1 ratio:thumbsup:

Scooterbum

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a collection of over 100 chainsaws. Some dating back to the 40's.
I use a good synthetic oil and mix 50:1 for everything.Never a problem.

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
i agree....with a high grade oil .....50-1 should work....and it will burn cleaner:thumbsup:

Edwards saw service

Threads
Also don't forget the newer 2 cycle oils are designed to be mixed with 89 octane or higher gasoline which is what all newer 2 cycle machines call for and perform best on. ;-)

Sent from Lawn Mower Forum for iPhone.