Club Cadet 621 with Kawasaki eng will not stay running

starlifter

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Club Cadet 621 with Kawasaki eng will not stay running
Need help with my mower. Got a Kawasaki engine that will start then after few seconds stop. The mower was put up last season after failing to run. This season I started to work on it. I first noticed a busted fuel primer bulb. Easy fix I thought. After getting a factory replacement and couple new gaskets I removed the carb, replaced the primer bulb, removed the fuel bowl found it to have old fuel, trash etc. Cleaned it all out, blew out all passages with carb cleaner and reinstalled carb. After a few pumps of the primer the engine would start then stop. I found if I would continually slightly pump the primer bulb the engine would remain running. I thought it had to be an airleak. After removing the carb several times, replacing all the gaskets, pilot screw, throttle shaft seal, completely cleaning, ensuring all passeges were clear (used a whole can of carb cleaner), new air filter, crank case to carb tube, fresh fuel in the tank etc it still does the same thing. I tried to run it with/without the gas cap, no differance. As mentioned before I can keep it running as long as I continusely pump the primer bulb like I'm performing CPR on it. It is a Club Cadet SRC 621 push mower (12A-997A100)with a Kawasaki engine (FJ 180V-AS04). The only thing I didn't remove from the carb is the jet but it's passage is not pluged. The neddle and float moves freely. Any suggestions?

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Try a new needle and seat. Some times the needle valve has a nitrile rubber end and it will stick closed.

starlifter

Forum Newbie
Threads
Try a new needle and seat. Some times the needle valve has a nitrile rubber end and it will stick closed.[/QUOTE

I checked this over and over for free movement. Poured frul from top while manually holding float/needle closed to check for good seal. Released and fuel drained as it should. Of course, when it's all together it may not work??