MTD trouble

christophert

Threads
I am working on a MTD engine model 5x65ru. It came into my shop with a carb full of rust and would not run. I flushed it out and put it back together and it now runs. But, it is running at a much higher rpm than it should. I have searched for diagrams of the linkage and cannot find them. Where should I look? Thanks for any help!

tmechanic

Forum Newbie
Threads

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am working on a MTD engine model 5x65ru. It came into my shop with a carb full of rust and would not run. I flushed it out and put it back together and it now runs. But, it is running at a much higher rpm than it should. I have searched for diagrams of the linkage and cannot find them. Where should I look? Thanks for any help!

If you're working on the engine, we need the engine model numbers , USUALLY found right on the engine itself, see example below .

GET INFO.JPG

christophert

Threads
Thanks for the input guys (especially the diagrams). Turns out the governor linkage was binding up which required me to tweak the linkage ever so slightly and once I did that the mower is running smooth.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks for the input guys (especially the diagrams). Turns out the governor linkage was binding up which required me to tweak the linkage ever so slightly and once I did that the mower is running smooth.

And thank-you for the update, happy mowing !! ..:thumbsup: