choke

gregjo1948

Threads
Old Ferris mower with Fh541v-SA20 Kawasaki engine... Can some one tell me how/where to attach the choke rod to the carb linkage?
The choke is supposed to operate when the throttle is opened to full throttle and release when throttle lever is move off full throttle
position. Thank you, Greg

Homer1

Threads
I'm not to sure if the Kaw is set up similar to the Briggs "Choke-a-matic" system, but if so, the throttle cable works the choke, and there will only be 1 cable. I haven't had time to find the manual via the interwebs yet, but the briggs throttle cable simply applies the choke once it is pressed up past the full throttle setting. You should be able to have someone move the cable and visually see what's happening on the carb itself. It could be possible that the cable is not pressing all the way through because it has come loose or something similar. Either way I am sure someone will come along with a good picture or video. Maybe that will get you started.

gregjo1948

Threads
Thanks Homer1. It is like the Briggs. The choke applies upon moving the throttle lever to the full throttle position. I can easily see the carb to watch it when moving the throttle lever. It does move the choke fully as it should but doesn't open it when moving the lever back to the run position. When I bought this machine, the carb linkage plate and linkage parts were off the engine. All the parts are there but, I'm not sure where the choke rod is suppose to attach. This rod (wire) is about 6" long and has a significant bend about in the middle. The linkage plate and the throttle cable can be adjusted but I can't seem to make any adjustment make the choke work properly. Maybe I'm not connecting the rod where it's supposed to be. A picture of it would probably be the best way for me to figure it out.
Thanks, gregjo1948

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
A picture of your would help figure it out on our end.

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't know how to post photos on this forum.

Hit the "Reply" tab below the thread, second row, 6th icon from the right, click on image and upload from url, or from your computer, snap! it's magic!

Homer1

Threads
Totally forgot about this thread, dealing with my own Choke debacle.

I found this picture online, indicating where the cables should go, looks like it matches yours. Hope you've figured it out by now.

If not, reply.

Kawchokesetup1.jpg