Lawn Boy Trany

Arnie-P

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Lawn Boy 10323 SilverPro Series 2000. My gear case went out. I replaced two gears...the bevel pinion gear and the 15t spur(1047668) My question is what kind of grease should I use on this? When I took it apart it looked like bearing grease.

primerbulb120

Threads
When I did the transmission in my Toro, I used MasterPro multi-purpose lithium grease. Nothing fancy, but the transmission's still working great after several months of heavy commercial use.

Billy Jack

Forum Newbie
Threads
Lawn Boy used to sell their own branded lithium grease, but I haven't seen it for 20 years. In its absence, I started using either Lucas or Sta-Lube multi-purpose wheel bearing grease in the gearbox of my 10523 Gold Pro and my 8125 with the multi-disc clutch. Both have been fine for 19 and 11 years respectively.

Bill

Arnie-P

Forum Newbie
Threads
When I did the transmission in my Toro, I used MasterPro multi-purpose lithium grease. Nothing fancy, but the transmission's still working great after several months of heavy commercial use.

Thanks for the reply

Arnie-P

Forum Newbie
Threads
Lawn Boy used to sell their own branded lithium grease, but I haven't seen it for 20 years. In its absence, I started using either Lucas or Sta-Lube multi-purpose wheel bearing grease in the gearbox of my 10523 Gold Pro and my 8125 with the multi-disc clutch. Both have been fine for 19 and 11 years respectively.

Bill

Thank You for the reply!