HRR216 Low Idle

SpoolinV70

Threads
Finally got my valve clearance issue sorted out on my HRR (I think) so now onto the next problem...
The mower starts nice and quick now, but it seems to idle low. If I turn down the throttle from the full position (not choke), it doesn't lower engine speed until it's at the very bottom of its travel.
I noticed that the valve the governor arm is attached to (on the carburetor) doesn't move until the lowest throttle position either.
Is there a special way I'm supposed to adjust the governor? I adjusted it before to the full position and it runs well, just seems that the idle speed is too slow.

Also, there is still a strange tough spot when I pull the starter. It's not arm-breaking hard like it was when the valves were out of whack, but it's just enough to be noticeable. It's still easy to start it, but it's strange. The engine starts oddly fast and stop oddly fast as well. Maybe the idle speed issue is related to this resistance somewhere?

bctaxi

Forum Newbie
Threads
Finally got my valve clearance issue sorted out on my HRR (I think) so now onto the next problem...
The mower starts nice and quick now, but it seems to idle low. If I turn down the throttle from the full position (not choke), it doesn't lower engine speed until it's at the very bottom of its travel.
I noticed that the valve the governor arm is attached to (on the carburetor) doesn't move until the lowest throttle position either.
Is there a special way I'm supposed to adjust the governor? I adjusted it before to the full position and it runs well, just seems that the idle speed is too slow.

Also, there is still a strange tough spot when I pull the starter. It's not arm-breaking hard like it was when the valves were out of whack, but it's just enough to be noticeable. It's still easy to start it, but it's strange. The engine starts oddly fast and stop oddly fast as well. Maybe the idle speed issue is related to this resistance somewhere?

re: throttle cable needs to be adj. at the holder, their is a small spring on the gov. rod make Shure it connected without binding,lube pivot points on carb.linkage. from former Honda tec. retired