easiest way to remove carb from a john deere 14se? helpmower won,t stay running

stanman

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / easiest way to remove carb from a john deere 14se? helpmower won,t stay running
removing a carb from a john deere 14se the easiest way? MOWER WILL NOT STAY RUNNING,ANY TRICKS I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT CLEANING JETS AND REASSEMBLY?

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
  • / easiest way to remove carb from a john deere 14se? helpmower won,t stay running
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move this thread over to our John Deere section to see if we can find you an answer.

Mike88se

Threads
removing a carb from a john deere 14se the easiest way? MOWER WILL NOT STAY RUNNING,ANY TRICKS I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT CLEANING JETS AND REASSEMBLY?

Does it look really difficult? Should be just two bolts holding it on. It isn't hard and you don't need to understand Bernoulli's principle ;) The most important thing to remember is to take note of where everything you removed goes so you put it back in the right place when you put it all back together. That shouldn't be hard. Be sure to remove and clean the main nozzle and all passageways in the carb. Replace all gaskets with new ones... including the ones on either side of the insulator and the one for the intake pipe. Clean all mating surfaces well.
Might be a good idea to take a pic of the control assembly so you put the spring(s) and arm(s) in the right holes. Oh and clean the outside good before you start cleaning the insides.
Cool mower btw... wish I had one

TJR345

Threads
Are you sure the carb is the problem.What are the symptoms,sometimes it could be a simple vent plugged on the fuel cap.

jester5900

Forum Newbie
Threads
Take a picture, so that all the linkage is coorect when reassemling.

Bullseye

Threads

Make it easy on yourself and buy a spray can of Sea Foam Cleaner and Lube. Take of the air filter and spray everything, especially jets. If the carb has a bowl, remove it and spray. After you get everything clean start 'er up and spray some into the carb. Don't breath the fumes. This stuff really works.

~Lee

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Carb comes off with the air cleaner housing.
A previously mentioned, 2 bolts for the carb and usually a third in the air filter somewhere.
You mobile phone / camera has just become you second best friend.
Every tim you pull a bit off photograph it and the fasteners that held it in place.
Thus when you go to reassemble you will have a step by step photo instruction.
You might find some help here
http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/repairs/