Craftsman ID stickers, serial numbers, and dates.

GentlemanFahmah

Threads
  • / Craftsman ID stickers, serial numbers, and dates.
I was curious about how old my Craftsman tractors are. I have forgotten when I got them, but knew it was a little while ago. I have 15 acres and the property beats the daylights out my tractors. I had been getting a new lawn tractor every six or so years and then moving the primary tractor down to trim mower status (where it really gets beat up mowing fence lines) and the new one to primary. I seem to totally kill one after about 12 or so years usually, but the answers below surprised me.

So I know now that one is 14 years old, and the other is 9 years old. Not bad. The key is on the sticker under seat where you will find the model and serial number. The first six numbers of the serial number are the manufacturing date.

SO the red tractor YT3000 is 121608 (12/16/08) and the green LT1000 is 9/30/2003
DSC08676.jpgDSC08677.jpg

WyrTwister

Threads
Interesting , so , that would make my Craftsman 10 years old .

God bless
Wyr

Attachments

• Craftsman Model Number.jpg
    Craftsman Model Number.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 4

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
If that is true and i think it is. It would only be true for the 917, which is made by Husqvarna. Serial numbers are different for every manufacture. Since Sears/Craftsman does not make anything they just sale stuff rebranded with their name on it.