How's this for stupid bad luck

Top98Percent

Threads
When I finished filling the mower with gas the other day, I was putting the cap on the gas can and the cap slipped out of my hands and into the tank :mad:

I saw it sitting a the little ledge inside the tank, so I grabbed a long grabber to try to fish it out. Missed and knocked it further into the tank :mad: :mad:

WTF Stupid bad luck.

Now I have to wait for the tank to get used up and try to shake the cap to the top. Going to see if it's worth trying to take the tank off...
I can see it in the low point of the tank. I don't think it will restrict flow. We'll see.

Anyone have any other options for getting it out or should I not even bother.
Thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A piece of thin tie wire with a hook on one end.

Mykey

Threads
The odds of a gas can cap slipping out of one's hands and into your gas tank are thin in it's self.
I would've said the same as Bertsmobil1.

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
get one of these...you will be glad you did
GT_369R505_00.jpg

kraky

Threads
This is kind of a funny post because just a week ago the same thing almost happened to me.... lucky for me it bounced right off the rim of the extra wide fuel tank on my FasTrak which has a crook in the neck and is black and color and finding that gas cap would have been almost impossible.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
That's nothing. I had a pair of Ray Ban sunglasses fall out of my pocket, bounce once, and go down the open fill spout for an underground tank at a gas station. I'm reasonably sure they're still there.

Lawn Addict
Threads
get one of these...you will be glad you did
attachment.php

A valuable tool indeed !!!

Top98Percent

Threads
Yes, I ordered a 36" grabber and will go fishing when it arrives.

Thanks all.