Kawasaki FR651V Quiet cold, after mowing sounds like lifters need adjust ( Help )

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Kawasaki FR651V Quiet cold, after mowing sounds like lifters need adjust ( Help )
How could loose tappets NOT affect timing ? It slightly delays the valve event.

And I agree better a bit loose than too tight. We'll see what happens, after a long talk with my Dealer. They convinced me to bring it out to them, as I still am under warranty.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Kawasaki FR651V Quiet cold, after mowing sounds like lifters need adjust ( Help )
It changes duration, not timing. Peak lift still occurs at the same position.

Lawn Addict
Threads
THank you for your reply.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When you performance tune side valves you grind the cam for a delayed and slow opening, substantially higher lift and early rapid close just before BDC.
you also increase the inlet tract to get better velocities .
Timing is 100 % a spark thing .
the only difference valve timing makes is what % of theoritical fill you get and how much fresh charge gets sucked out the exhaust.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well, when my Dealer gets done doing a valve lash adjustment (warranty) job, I hope to be good again.

Kawasaki says adjust @ 300 hours, which I only have about 77 hours, but they agreed let Dealer adjust the valves, it is fully coverd under warranty.

gregjo1948

Threads
Well, when my Dealer gets done doing a valve lash adjustment (warranty) job, I hope to be good again.

Kawasaki says adjust @ 300 hours, which I only have about 77 hours, but they agreed let Dealer adjust the valves, it is fully coverd under warranty.

I thought the Kawasaki manual wanted valves adjusted at 50 hours.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not my engine family. And this was confirmed by my phone call to a Kaw Tech there. Plus my periodic maintenance chart.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Got my Z back Monday, mowed with it today. So Sweet.

Changing the oil back to 30wt this weekend.