Scag buzzing sound under key when turned to start

Civicb16

Forum Newbie
Threads
As the title says, I have a scag turf tiger 61 in cut. When I turn the Kay to start it has a buzzing noise under the key in the ignition box area. With no engine turn over or start. I am lost to where I need to go next to figure this out. Any help appreciated. Also I think this is a 03 to 05 model with 600 hours. Thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You can start with the full model number from the tag.

While you are looking for that, remove the battery and charge it
take off the battery leads clean the end of the leads where they bolt onto the mower and paint them with liquid electrical tape to prevent further corrosion.
Also check that the bolts which hold the engine down are tight.

Travlitt

Threads
As the title says, I have a scag turf tiger 61 in cut. When I turn the Kay to start it has a buzzing noise under the key in the ignition box area. With no engine turn over or start. I am lost to where I need to go next to figure this out. Any help appreciated. Also I think this is a 03 to 05 model with 600 hours. Thanks

Mine did the same thing. Replaced the battery and now all is well.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Jump start it. Run engine at full throttle and check battery voltage with voltmeter. If below 12.7 volts, you probably have a charging problem. If above 12.7 volts, you may have a bad battery or dirty/corroded connections.