Troy Bilt Pressure Washer

Ltmt

Threads
I was recently given the above pressure washer. The previous owner said that the pump I leaking in several places. There are no obvious cracks to the pump so I am assuming that it is o rings and seals.
Here are the particulars on the machine.
Troy Bilt GC 160 with 5.0 hp Honda engine. 2500 PSI 2.5 GPm.
I looked at trying to separate the pump from the motor but the bolts are to close to the pump housing to get my tool into the bolt. Believe they are torx bolts but could be just regular Allen head bolts. Does anybody have any information on this machine or experience with it to tell me what I have exactly and where to go to find parts?
Thank you.

Telesis

Threads
Those bolts holding the pump to the engine require a metric allen wrench to remove(6mm I believe). Regarding parts, get the model number of the unit(i.e. Troy-Bilt 01903) and google it and you'll find lots of hits. If you go to the PPE (portable power equipment) site, they'll typically have the owner's manual and and an illustrated parts list(IPL) for your unit, as do others. There should be a page showing the breakout of the pump and you should see individual parts and kitted parts like check valves, seals, unloader, etc. Once you have the individual part numbers for the parts or parts kits, you can google that and check on availability.

I highly recommend pricing out a new pump, which is probably in the 90-120 buck range before you put a bunch of money into parts. A washer and seal kit for the pump you probably have is going to be 45-60 bucks all by itself.

There are lots of YouTube videos on pressure washer pump repair and the thing I'd be looking specifically for in your case is whether the pump head housing is cracked anywhere. Fire it up before you pull it apart and get a good look at where you think it's leaking. If it's cracked anywhere, it won't be worth repairing.

Tear it apart and see what you've got! As I said to another poster with what sounds like the same or similar unit as you, if the Honda engine is in great shape, it's well worth investing in a pump, given what you paid for the unit!