John Deere L120 With Briggs 20hp V-twin

mechanizm

Threads
ok, i believe i solved the problem. after watching the videos on this carb i noticed that THE JETS ARE MISSING. wow.... i've never seen carbs where the jets were held in by o-rings. i assumed that the jets were fixed further up into the orifice. then i watched the video. so i ordered two main jets even though i think that one jet is bigger than the other. i installed them and i'll put the carb back on the john deere L120 this eve. what i think happened is that the o-rings holding those jets in-place shrunk and the jets fell out. what's really weird is that i couldn't find them anywhere. it's possible that they fell out the last time i "fixed" this carb and the float was sticking creating a lean condition allowing the engine to run well. isn't that a coincidence? i can't wait to fire the pos UP and see how it runs. my lawn is getting long in the tooth...

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You are not alone.
The Nikki fitted to a lot of inteks has a similar system and they regularly come in sans main jet, Particularly from clots who think you blow out carbs with the compressor set to 120 PSI

mechanizm

Threads
those guys are old-school tinkerers who are used to metal carbs. lol... but i think that this is a flawed design. the jets are all destine to fall out one day. regardless, i'm glad i figured this out. the tractor starts right up now and runs great.