First 2100 oil change....

pauldeere

Threads
Time is close for my first oil change on my new 2100. My zero turn has the smaller 26 H.P. Briggs engine. I was at our local Farm and Garden store and noticed that they stock 3 different oil filters for the Briggs engine. One of the filters they stock is yellow in color, as is the filter that came in the Briggs new, they also have a identical filter, however it is black, and last but not least they have a filter black in color however it it about 1 and 1/2 inches longer. There are no catalogues or information as to which filter I should use. Are all Briggs filters the same? For those of you who do your own service, what filter and filter number do you use.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Time is close for my first oil change on my new 2100. My zero turn has the smaller 26 H.P. Briggs engine. I was at our local Farm and Garden store and noticed that they stock 3 different oil filters for the Briggs engine. One of the filters they stock is yellow in color, as is the filter that came in the Briggs new, they also have a identical filter, however it is black, and last but not least they have a filter black in color however it it about 1 and 1/2 inches longer. There are no catalogues or information as to which filter I should use. Are all Briggs filters the same? For those of you who do your own service, what filter and filter number do you use.

Start here, ..( https://shop.briggsandstratton.com/us/en/repair-parts ) click on this link

It shows how to find your model number (which you will need) ..NEW mower ?? and NO owners manuals for the mower OR engine ?? , didn't you receive any info. from your dealer ??

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The yellow filter has more paper in a finer fold so in theory lasts longer.
It is no practical benefit to the home owner as build up of acid residue is a bigger problem than filters cloging.
There are 3 sizes in the filters and there is o practical difference between them.
Some pore size, same thread, same bypass pressure, one is juts bigger than the other so has a higher flow rate which does not matter as even the smallest one still flows faster than he pump pumps.
IT was mainly just a size constraint as many filters only just barely fit in the space.
Where ever possible I fit the large black type, becay=use that is the most common one so I buy them by the case (144 ) and get a better price.