Rough-Running Honda HRT 216

l008com

Threads
Another mowing session, more sea foam in the fuel system, zero change. Is there anything left to do, or is it time to clean/rebuild the carb? It's hard to hear in the video, and much more pronounced in person, but its pulsing.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
New carb was recomended to you in post number 3. At a cost of around $20 it is a no brainer.

l008com

Threads
Bought a new carb on ebay for $13.50 shipped. Put it in today. What a pain in the *** it is reassembling these carbs. The airbox cover blocks you from holding everything together and attaching the hoses! Stupid design!

But it runs perfect now, time to sell it before something else goes wrong :D

This is how this mower ran when I got it. So the morel of the story is: If your air filter is inside a box so you can't see it, open it up to make sure it's in there!!!

l008com

Threads
And the true end of the story... after I mowed my lawn, I was satisfied with the Mower. My chiminea was going because I wanted to burn some wood. And the old carb was sitting on the ground, covered in years of gas, oil, dirt, dust and grass. So I had the great idea of... "ill just throw this in the fire for a bit, burn off all the crap, then throw it in with my scrap metals.

Imagine my surprise when whole carb goes in, bowl comes out. Oops. Turns out the bodies are aluminum. And turns out I get my fire going really hot. That should mean there is a decent sized blob of aluminum somewhere down in the ashes. Good thing they don't make these things out of magnesium :D

l008com

Threads
Oh I forgot to update, I sold the mower for $100 shortly after getting it running great. Now both my old junk mowers are gone and all I have left is my awesome brand new husqvarna. Now THAT is a happy ending!