poulan riding mower issue

Cm1961

Forum Newbie
Threads
mower is a PP22VH48 - 22 hp, 48" cut

i have a poulan riding mower - got it about 3 months ago and i didn't notice a problem with the front tires until i had a flat on the left front. now the steering wheel is no longer "centered" it is turned slightly to the right when i am driving straight. and the front tires are slightly toed inward. i have not run into anything with this mower, so i'm wondering if while driving it with the left front flat and not noticing it may have thrown something out of whack on the steering. any suggestions on (1) how to reset the steering wheel so it is "centered" again and (2) how to get the front tires to where they are not toed in? i am not sure if the toe in and the steering wheel being off center is related or a totally separate issue.

Threads
Bushings need to be replaced in the rims...........

Someone in the past maybe changed the gear and sector plate and did not line up the steering wheel when they did that.

That is the most common thing with the steering wheel not being aligned...........

Cm1961

Forum Newbie
Threads
fix for the above was to straighten out the rods connected to the steering of the tires. i guess having a flat tire for a while caused enough rolling resistance to bend those rods.

Cm1961

Forum Newbie
Threads
and another problem. mower has 56.4 hours on it and i was mowing earlier today. i parked it outside (engine part is in the shade, seat is in the sun) and when i tried to start it to continue mowing,
all i get is a loud "click" and the motor does not turn over. i suspect the solenoid is the issue. i have checked the wire on it and it is snug. any ideas?

Cm1961

Forum Newbie
Threads
getting 12.46 with my multimeter

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Take a cheap screwdriver and touch it to both of the big posts on the solenoid momentarily, and see if the engine turns over. Don't do this a lot, but that will tell us if the battery/starter is the problem or not.

Cm1961

Forum Newbie
Threads
replaced solenoid and it fires up. not the first time i have had this issue with the mower (note i bought this brand new, so i know all of the service history on it) but in this is the first time it would not
start after a few hours of just sitting.

Cm1961

Forum Newbie
Threads
and back with a new issue - mower will move forward and mow - but will not reverse at all. mower has a safety feature to prevent backing up when the blades are turning (unless the key is in a specific position) but in either position with or without the blades turning the mower still will not back up. mower is a hydrostatic transmission and the reverse pedal seems like it is stuck, it will not depress. i have checked for obstructions and not found any.
anyone got any suggestions?

mower has about 85 hours on it.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
If parts break down is correct it is a General gear Trans and not a hydro. Check for grass on the trans. Not a big fan of this trans. But I guess they are less expensive than a hydro.