ZD326 discharge problems

bill-d-c

Threads
Hope you get rid of it.

It is a shame to pay that much money for a mower that won't cut grass. I feel you pain. The one I traded in with 800 hours sold at the dealer used for more than the Tiger Cat I bought. The guy that bought it was happy and I was too. I would not trade my tiger cats with the hours on them even for a new Kubota. Regardless of what the dealer tells you THE KUBOTA MOWERS WILL NOT CUT BAHIA GRASS.

We have a fair amount of a long stem grass, I call it foxtail grass. It sounds like it might be similar to your Bahia grass. Anyway, that Kubota didn't like it, didn't like thick grass, or wet grass. Really disappointing. I thought with the diesel engine and the Kubota name it would fly through anything. I'm hoping the Scag won't be a disappointment as well. I've heard nothing but good about the Scag.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
We have a fair amount of a long stem grass, I call it foxtail grass. It sounds like it might be similar to your Bahia grass. Anyway, that Kubota didn't like it, didn't like thick grass, or wet grass. Really disappointing. I thought with the diesel engine and the Kubota name it would fly through anything. I'm hoping the Scag won't be a disappointment as well. I've heard nothing but good about the Scag.

I live about 70 miles north of Pensacola Fl. It has rained more days than not since May here where we live. Many times the temperature is in the 80 degree range at night. We cut approximately 90 properties every two weeks. From 14 acres or so down. Several in the 4 and 5 acre range. Often times we have been rained out to the point that we had to let some go three weeks simply because we could not get in them. We run two Tiger Cats and have a third for a back up and at times on larger properties we run the third. We have literally numerous times cut Bahia grass that you could have let lay till the next day and then raked and rolled it. Then in two weeks come back and cut that same property again. So that means that there is still much of the stuff left that was cut last time as well as the tall Bahia that is fresh.

With sharp blades on them they will cut it in one pass. They won't do it wide open but they will cut it slick.

I personally have run three different Turf Tigers with the 61 inch decks also as demonstrators at different times. IN my opinion and the opinion of my operators the Tiger Cat with the 52" deck will out cut them all in tall Bahia grass. That includes the Turf Tigers with the 61" decks and the bigger motors.

All three of mine have the Kawasaki motors on them and for the largest part they have done an incredible job. My oldest is three years old and has over 1500 hours on it. The newest is a ;little over a year old and has over 600 hours on it.

If we saw a better mower sold locally we would be running them. We have not found one. I ran Kubota mowers and traded a ZD 326 in for my second Tiger Cat. I was running it with the First one I had bought and was blown away at the difference.

bill-d-c

Threads
Well, the Kubota is gone. I'm now the proud owner of a Scag Turf Tiger with the 31HP liquid cooled EFI Kawasaki and the 61" deck. If this mower fails to cut tall stem grass, wet grass or grass that's a little thick, then I'm at a loss as to what mower to try next. The dealer said if this Scag won't cut it, then bring it back for a full re-fund. I'll soon find out, it comes in this Friday!!

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well, the Kubota is gone. I'm now the proud owner of a Scag Turf Tiger with the 31HP liquid cooled EFI Kawasaki and the 61" deck. If this mower fails to cut tall stem grass, wet grass or grass that's a little thick, then I'm at a loss as to what mower to try next. The dealer said if this Scag won't cut it, then bring it back for a full re-fund. I'll soon find out, it comes in this Friday!!

Check out the post I just uploaded of some Bahia Grass that was cut 14 days ago. We cut it partially in the rain today. If a mower will cut that it will cut about anything. It was a mess. We cut it in one pass clean. 3" high. A Kubota would not touch it.

bill-d-c

Threads
Check out the post I just uploaded of some Bahia Grass that was cut 14 days ago. We cut it partially in the rain today. If a mower will cut that it will cut about anything. It was a mess. We cut it in one pass clean. 3" high. A Kubota would not touch it.

How tall was it when you cut it? It's a little hard to tell from the pictures, but your Bahia grass looks very similar to our Kansas long stem foxtail grass...the stuff that Kubota hated. I'm looking forward to trying out that Turf Tiger on it, I mow 20 acres so having a mower that will cut the stuff will save me a lot of time.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
How tall was it when you cut it? It's a little hard to tell from the pictures, but your Bahia grass looks very similar to our Kansas long stem foxtail grass...the stuff that Kubota hated. I'm looking forward to trying out that Turf Tiger on it, I mow 20 acres so having a mower that will cut the stuff will save me a lot of time.

It was taller than the deck by a good bit. I honestly did not measure it. I was going to take some good pictures of it but a few minutes into the 4 acres the rain started. Once the main cloud passed we just ran as hard as we could to get finished. It was a mess. The ZD326 Kubota I had would not come close to cutting that in one pass. We run into it on a daily basis down here.

bill-d-c

Threads
Well things didn't go very well for the Scags first time out. Less than 2 hours of run time and it had pegged the water temp gauge and lost all oil pressure. Goes back to the dealer first of next week. I swear when it comes to mowers if it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all.

mhavanti

Threads
I know this is a ridiculous question, however, here it is. Were all the fluid levels checked before starting the engine and putting the hydros into motion?

bill-d-c

Threads
I'm going to have to say no. I bought it brand new from a local dealer. I just assumed before letting it out the door that they would make sure it had oil, hyd oil, and anti-freeze in it. Shoot, they even ran it out of the shop and onto my trailer while I was doing the paperwork. You buy a brand new truck and pick it up at the dealer, you would have to assume it has oil, AF, etc. I'm not sure how this will all shake out.

mhavanti

Threads
One would assume, however, first thing they're going to tell you is that it is your responsibility to check all fluids before operating the machinery.

Let's hope they take the responsibility considering all you've gone thru with Japanese mowers and now this new one.

Good luck Bill.

Maxc