aftermarket paint that matches GH brown & tan?

Jinzo Ningen

Threads
I'm just looking to touch up the leading edge of my deck and a few other small spots and would like to know if Rustoleum or Krylon have a color that you 'Hopper owners have found that closely matches Grasshopper brown and/or tan? i haven't gone hunting through my local auto supply places yet; wanted to ask before spending hours combing through their shelves. LOL.

Thanks!

josh46970

Forum Newbie
Threads
have you found anything yet that matches GH brown and tan? I'm wanting to paint or powder my entire mower and I'm in the same boat as you. The local GH dealer wants $12 for one spray can!!! There is no way I'm going to spend that kind of money.

Steve0853

Threads
I'm just looking to touch up the leading edge of my deck and a few other small spots and would like to know if Rustoleum or Krylon have a color that you 'Hopper owners have found that closely matches Grasshopper brown and/or tan? i haven't gone hunting through my local auto supply places yet; wanted to ask before spending hours combing through their shelves. LOL.

Thanks!

I had good luck with Krylon gloss brown. I found it at Wal-Mart. I replaced the front wheel spindle caps and used the Krylon. Its a very close match. I haven't tried any of the tan.

Jinzo Ningen

Threads
I'm going to look into different brands today and see what I can find that looks to be a close match; I will definitely look for that Krylon gloss brown. Thanks Steve.

I will also try and find something close to the glossy "sand" color, too. I need to re-paint the rear castor wheels sometime soon. The stock tires are pretty dry rotted but they should hold up for another year or two. When it comes time to re-skin them I will clean the rims with my wire wheel grinder attchment, primer them and then hit both with a base coat of either KBC or POR-15, then a few coats of gloss sand/khaki and hopefully they'll look good as new for another 14 years. LOL

Sammy the Red

Threads
Did you find colors that matched ?

Randys

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was able to take a components of both colors from the deck to an automotive paint supplier. They have a color spectrum reader and mixed paint for use in a spray gun. My deck came out like new and matches the other components perfectly.

Punjiusa

Forum Newbie
Threads
For the tan paint I found that Krylon Dual high adhesion (Paint+Primer) Gloss Almond, Krylon part #8802, is just about a perfect match. Most places sell it for around $6.00.

Punjiusa

Forum Newbie
Threads
For the brown paint use Krylon Dual Superbond #8812 Gloss Leather Brown. Both the Krylon #8802 (tan) and #8812 can be purchased at Ace Hardware for $5.99 + tax.

Trapshooter76

Forum Newbie
Threads
Most typically you can go to your local major auto parts store and find that some of them will paint match and even put it into an spray can for you. Not only will you have a good match but you will have
quality paint made by DuPont.