Tires Hole in sidewall of Z122r

Hamburgerdan

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've had my z122r-42 for a while now and just realized the other day that one of the rear tires was flat. I figured it was a nail or something so I bought a plug kit before I took it off the mower and put soapy water on it to find the leak. Lo and behold, it was the sidewall. I called the local dealer to see if they could get me a new one and he said to try to find it online because it would be much cheaper. It took me a while just searching for the tires by size (18x7.5-10) with no luck, but I finally found a couple of places that have the specific part numbers for the tire(K3001-17030) and the tire and wheel assembly( k3001-17200).

The problem i really have is that the tire itself is about $225 and the tire assy is about $250 from Messick's and other retailers who stock those specific part numbers. Does anyone know of a place to find a tire that size for cheaper? For now I've just patched it with some vulcanizing cement. Do I just have to suck it up and spend the money?

Thanks in advance

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Mower plugs do not need heat to set them like car plugs do.
Thus MOWER plugs will work in the side wall if the side wall has a puncture in it and has not perished.
If it has perished and split then you can use the tyre goo by applying the required to the tyre then blow it up, turn it hole side down the roll it slowly to distribute the goo on the sidewall .
You should see it oozing out of the hole and then leave it like that for an hour or so.
Again you need to get it from a mower shop or bike shop. And it is not a perminent fix.

If you want to do it properly you can get sidewall patches from tractor suppliers but they are not cheap as they get used to save $ 2000 tyres and are priced accordingly.
You can also get tractor tyre plugs from a tractor supply company they come in two or three sizes and some will fix holes up to 3/4" diameter.

Forget auto store plugs, some will sort of work but none can make a proper job because they are made from a different compound to adhered to a different compound then vulcanise when the tyre gets hot.

The ones I use are made by North Shore Labs and are 2 to 3 times the price as car plugs from auto stores, only because they are the ones stocked by 2 or my 3 wholesalers.
The tractor ones I bough from a tractor supply shop in Penrith, don't know who made then because they came in a house branded package.
Low temperature plugs will dry out so keep them in glad wrap when not being used

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Try 18x8.5-10 you will get lots more to choose from and much cheeper. Like $200 cheeper.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
As far as plugs go we run the plugs that we buy from Autozone and have few problems with the. We plug side walls all of the time if we get one with a hole in it.

I have never been able to keep a tube in my zero turns. Not sure why. We keep a plug kit and a small air compressor and a small generator to run it in our trailer at all times and fix them in the field. Gets us out of a jam several times a year.