Engine boggs continueous when cutting grass

Befree

Threads
I have a problem w/ my mower (Gravely) in that it boggs down and I have to slow the speed down to a crawl in order for it cut and not die out. It has a new carb, new fuel pump and tanks have been cleaned. The coils have been reset to .008 and the valves have been reset to .005 also. Compression runs about 115 -120 and I have checked clutch PTO and all the pulleys to make sure nothing is binding. Last night I tried to adjust the jets on the carb w/ no luck. Does anyone have a suggestion? I am not sure which is the low and high speed adjustment, Help! I am out of ideas.....

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
It would help us to help you if we had the model number of the engine so we can see what you are trying to work on.

Pumper54

Threads
Are you mowing tall thick wet grass, short dry grass or a manicured lawn? Sometimes when we let the fields at our farm go with out mowing for a month or so we have to "nibble" away at the heavy grass. As Ilengine said, we need a bit more info to really be able to help you.
Tom

helomech

Threads
Is the governor advancing when load is put on engine?

Befree

Threads
It would help us to help you if we had the model number of the engine so we can see what you are trying to work on.

Model # 991028 Gravely zero turn, 23 HP Kawasaki.

Befree

Threads
Are you mowing tall thick wet grass, short dry grass or a manicured lawn? Sometimes when we let the fields at our farm go with out mowing for a month or so we have to "nibble" away at the heavy grass. As Ilengine said, we need a bit more info to really be able to help you.
Tom

Short dry grass.

Befree

Threads
Model # 991028 Gravely zero turn, 23 HP Kawasaki.

Just finished installing new clutch to see if that would help but I am just shooting in the dark now.

helomech

Threads
Check fuel lines, and make sure the ones before the pump don't have any (AND I MEAN ANY) holes or cracks. It won't leak from holes on the suction side, will just suck air. Check the pick up in the fuel tank, look for any kinks or any issues with the fuel supply lines.

Befree

Threads
Check fuel lines, and make sure the ones before the pump don't have any (AND I MEAN ANY) holes or cracks. It won't leak from holes on the suction side, will just suck air. Check the pick up in the fuel tank, look for any kinks or any issues with the fuel supply lines.

Thank you I am on it. Will let you know the outcome.....