Adjusting transmissions??

geoff

Threads
The previous owner of my 721D replaced the transmission on one side of the mower last fall. As a result of that, or something else, if I push both control arms completely forward, on a level surface, the left side spins faster than the right side... is there a way to adjust one, the other or both, so that they run at the same speed? Or alternatively, can I or should I adjust the throw of one of the control arms so the two sides match speed? Thanks as always...

Geoff

josh46970

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just adjusted the throw of the control arms on my Model 1820 today. It was very easy and everything is working fine now. Just block your mower up so the wheels are off the ground and adjust the side that works slower and you should fix the problem.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello again...
Like all things, no two pumps will be exactly alike. Especially new verses used....
The most important, and adjustable setting is the neutral position on the sticks. The rate of oil flow is not that critical and will be 'close enough'. If you develop a Big difference between the left & right you will need to address the problem, but that may be years away... :smile:KennyV

geoff

Threads
Can you recommend the best way to do that? I see that the control arm is a threaded rod but I haven't investigated it further... is it just a matter of adjusting a stop on the threaded rod so that the control arm can't be moved further or is done via some other way? Thanks

Geoff

geoff

Threads
Hi KennyV,

Thanks for the suggestion.. i found the adjustment procedure in the owners manual .. ..There is not a huge difference but if I can tweak the two so they are a bit closer to matching speeds, I think I will make straighter mowing lines.. not bad now but always looking to improve..

Thanks

Geoff