Aftermarket coils

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
While Note that he may have solved his problem by following my first advice.

Walt Conner

Geez, Walt-I followed ALL of your suggestions!
Your first suggestion, in post #7, was to obtain used OEM coils. I did that (off ebay, as there are no small repair shops in my small town for used parts)
Your second suggestion in post #13 was to remove the coil, clean the mounting contact points and re-install. I did as you suggested, and that seems to have restored the spark, even if just temporarily (as it turns out)
Your third suggestion in post #i8 was to post model # of the engine. I did that. You also suggested disconnecting the kill wire. I followed this suggestion in advance. (Maybe I have some troubleshooting sense??)
Your post #21 contained no suggestion nor advice. Rather than share your knowledge, you planted the seed for learning, then watered it in with urine.
Your final suggestion in post #27 is that I should have followed your first suggestion,which I previously had done.

So, what is the cause for your criticism ??

My original question was the quality of aftermarket coils.
Period.
After receiving definitive opinions in each direction, I opted for OEM.
Someday I will learn to attempt to keep my threads from wandering off topic.
All the rest has been for naught, as, though somewhat entertaining, and sometimes insulting, the net result is that I have swapped out the coils with used OEM parts and all is good.

Thru this thread I have learned a little about mowers, and a lot about people.

Thanks to all that have contributed.

Last edited: