Rough Ride / Knee Pain

JudyC

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently bought a new Husqvarna riding mower, Model # YTH22V42, to replace a really old Ariens, and I hate it. Having to push the gas pedal, which the Ariens did not have, is killing my 70-year-old hip joint. The ride is so rough, the insides of my knees are repeatedly slamming against the middle body of the mower. I've used it only about 4 times (5 hours) and now suffer from constant hip and knee pain, which I did not have before. My question is, does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do about it? I've been looking into knee pads but it seems like they protect the kneecap, which is not where I'm hitting.

Mr. Ed

Threads
I feel your pain... literally. You might contact Seat Warehouse They have suspension kits to fit a lot of ZTs and GTs, and if they don't list a specific model for your Husky they might have a suggestion. I picked up one of their suspension kits that was 'supposed' to fit my Gravely ZTHD. It was rebranded and packed in a Gravely box. It didn't fit, but I made it work after I fabricated some brackets and spacers, and it has made a HUGE improvement.

JudyC

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, Mr. Ed. Sounds like it's worth a try, and I'm glad to hear it worked for you. I'd first have to find someone who would install it for me, and that could be a problem. I'm assuming the reason my ancient Ariens didn't bounce around was because it was so much heavier. How I wish I'd kept it even though it meant putting more money into it. I feel the same way about my old car I recently replaced.