Cub Cadet Transmission

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
FWIW have done 3 hydros to date and all have been successful.
The cost to the customer was almost the same as the retail price of a replacement tranny so they ended up saving about $ 200 but only have my warranty on my repair.
If they went with a new unit then they get 1 or 2 year warranty.
I did them because I have never done one before or in the case of the Murray because the tranny is no longer available.
I do them in the bathroom of the house that I work out of after wetting the walls & floor with a hand shower then wear a pair of painters disposable coveralls with hood and also wear long nitrile gloves.

There are a lot of videos of people pulling them down on their garage floors and they always seem to be successful, but what you don't get shown in the units fail 2 years latter.
There was even one video where the "mechanic" was rabbiting on about keeping stuff clean & he had fingernails with enough dirt under them to grow potatoes.

The ones I did were power washed then soda blasted before I split them to get rid of all of the corrosion on the outside.
A very small amount of dust will kill then quick smart.
They are really not meant to be fixed.
The motor pump units for the T40 I have just replaced was $ 680 and there is 6 hours in doing the job = $ 1040 + freight
The complete unit was $ 1100 + $ 120 for fitting.
If I could get a unit from www.mulliganspartscompany.com it would have been cheaper to replace the box as a unit.

I can't speak for other brands, but Hydrogear only has a 90 day warranty on replacement units installed by an authorized hydrogear service center. If the customer buys it and installs it himself there is NO warranty.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I can't speak for other brands, but Hydrogear only has a 90 day warranty on replacement units installed by an authorized hydrogear service center. If the customer buys it and installs it himself there is NO warranty.

Down here it is 12 months.
That is Australian consumer law and needs to be installed by a "suitably qualified person".
That came in a way back when car companies started to knock back warranty repairs because it had not been dealer serviced.
I use the same laws to push warranty claims for my customers.
The USA might believe in free trade & open competition but down here it is law.
I expect that is one reason why most USA companies have franchise agents down here rather than a factory presence.