Dixie Chopper Iron Eagle

johnnyg5419

Threads
I have a problem with my Dixie Chopper Iron Eagle. Hydro-Gear ZT-2800 on left side if you were sitting on seat, it goes forward faster than other side and has power. If you try to go in reverse it spins very slow and you can stop it from spinning with your hands.
I have taken control linkage off and turned the forward and reverse shaft with a wrench by hand to make sure linkage was not out of alinement. It just slowly started to do this as i noticed it would not turn to the left anymore. What could be causing this? Belts are tight.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
The issue is the pump has lost power and needs fixed. You can repair this youself. Hydro-gear.com has service manuals and parts for sale. They also have phone number if you have problems.
When did you change your oil last?

johnnyg5419

Threads
The issue is the pump has lost power and needs fixed. You can repair this youself. Hydro-gear.com has service manuals and parts for sale. They also have phone number if you have problems.

The mower only has 100 hours on it. I was going to change the oil but this happened. Do they sell a rebuild kit for it? Also what went wrong with it inside the drive. Just wanted to know if i needed any extra parts with the rebuild kit if they sell one.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think they sell something like a rebuild kit. But if it only has 100 hours it should still be under warranty. And the first oil change should be at 50 hours then somewhere around 200 hours after that. What goes on inside is is that you get particles in your oil and it tears up the o rings.

johnnyg5419

Threads
I think they sell something like a rebuild kit. But if it only has 100 hours it should still be under warranty. And the first oil change should be at 50 hours then somewhere around 200 hours after that. What goes on inside is is that you get particles in your oil and it tears up the o rings.

so you think it might just be an o-ring problem. That's what it sounds like it seems to be leaking fluid past it.its a 2009 mod. i try to keep the hours down on it. I have a murray riding mower i got back in 1995 and trans is not leaking and still going.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Maybe you should try a fluid change first. You can reuse the oil if it does not fix it. 20w 50 motor oil is what it calls for.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

We are back to this.

johnnyg5419

Threads
We are back to this.

Not sure if i need this Hydro Gear 72274 Charge Pump Kit or this Genuine Original Hydro Gear 70525 BDP-10A Pump Overhaul Seal Kit Seals Gaskets. And would they be the correct ones.