2004, 225/61 Occasional PTO Engagement Delay

Reubenjet

Threads
My 2004, 225/61 is having a small issue with the PTO. Sometimes when I pull the knob to engage the PTO there is about a 3-5 second delay before the clutch will engage. It hasn't failed to engage but I'm thinking it may in the near future. This is a new to me mower and it has done this since I bought it a month ago. What could be causing this and should I be concerned?

173abn

Threads
have you checked the wiring from the switch to the pto? russ

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
If the clutch has the triangle shape with the three studs with springs and nut you may try putting a .012-.016 feeler gage in the slot next to the spring with it inserted between the two plates and then turn the nuts equally around to set the gap. May help

Reubenjet

Threads
If the clutch has the triangle shape with the three studs with springs and nut you may try putting a .012-.016 feeler gage in the slot next to the spring with it inserted between the two plates and then turn the nuts equally around to set the gap. May help
Mine has the round shape with no studs. I am going to check wiring and may end-up replacing the switch. Thanks!

Reubenjet

Threads
have you checked the wiring from the switch to the pto? russ
Will check this evening. I may replace the switch just for giggles since my light switch was bad. Water may have gotten in it from sitting idle all those years.

173abn

Threads
could be it's just corroded .I've had to replace the switch and pto.switch is way cheaper than pto...russ