Starting problem B&S HU 625 HWT

Projectdiy

Threads
Have a good weed whacker by Husqvarna. Briggs 6.25 hp engine.
When I try to prime before starting the bulb is still soft after 3-6 times. Could the bulb be defective?
Thanks for this forum, I just joined. Great to have thus source.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
How about the model and type numbers off of the engine so we can see what you are working on. some briggs primers pump fuel, others pump air into the carb to force fuel into the engine. Without knowing what engine we can't advise on your situation.

Telesis

Threads
Check out the following YouTube video. It describes 80% of the no start problems I see with 4 cycle engines. By the way, the primer on your engine pressurizes the bowl forcing fuel up into the throat of the carb. It doesn't get 'hard' like a 2 cycle 'air purge' type primer. The bulb doesn't fill with fuel. In fact, it has a hole right in the middle to allow it to exapand back to normal shape after you've pushed it! You'll be able to check it as the gent does in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pId8o7i5N1A

Enjoy!

Threads
I know exactly what he is talking about. I have a craftsman copy of a DR trimmer and yours is the same as mine.

All those Briggs engines are the same air box and primer bulb. As for as the 5.5 and up to 7.25 HP. Some have a manual choke, some have auto chokes and some have the Primer bulbs. You may need a bulb if yours is soft.

Part number 694395 is the Briggs number.