Advice needed Ferris Or Exmark

PittmanPerf

Forum Newbie
Threads
I`m in the market for a new Zero turn. I cut 2 acres at home every 7-10 days but it is on a good hill and rough. I also have multiple rentals that I need to cut from time to time. I would like to have the option to pull a lawn roller and Aerator from time to time. So I have looked at every mower with the 3xxx drives and narrowed it to a few options. I would like to know your opinions. cut quality isant a big concern, comfort and cost to maintain are my biggest concern. I would like this to be my last mower!

option one Ferris IS700 has 3400 drives 52" deck kaw for $6500 brigs for $6100
Pro is I like the bigger drives
con cost and Im worried about wear on suspension, all the moving parts look to be issues waiting to happen

option 2 Exmark Radius E Exmark power 60" 3100 drives with upgraded suspension seat for free at $5999
Pro is seat it rides nice and looks to be bare bones down to work basics
Con worried about the engine. dealer says they have never had a single issue (funny thing they all say that about everything but have waiting list to get your mower into the service dept)

Option 3 2012??? Ferris IS1500 5900607 52" 25hp Kaw FH721 has 300 hr asking $3800
Any advice on these? I know it has separate pumps and drives is that good or bad?

Also anyone have a Spartan??? A friend of mine says I should by one I like the ride and looks just worried about the fact they are new.

Coldshower

Forum Newbie
Threads
35 years lawn business.
Toro, Exmark. Used to sell Toro. Owned a Exmark Quest for 7 years.
Only suggestion. Try to know who your buying from. Will they back their products and can they provide service and parts. All I have, sorry.

Homer1

Threads
I've not owned a Ferris unit, but I have driven a few, and I gotta tell ya, it's another ballgame. In my opinion anyway. That being said, paying more for the fancy suspension isn't necessarily that important to me.

You can add the suspension seat for a little butt/back relief on just about any mower these days. So don't limit yourself based on that.

However, for the options available in this list, I would take the IS700 over the Exmark personally. The Kaw engine and drives would be my deciding factor, the suspension is a perk. Plus it has a 4 year warranty.