Toro Wheel horse 268h manuals throttle problem?

Roccus

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just got a 268H tractor, it is in nice condition I am not sure what year it is as I have not been able to find a serial number or anything on it.
trying to find owner, repair, and parts manuals for it... PDF would be great.

The only problem I think it has is it does not seem to go to full throttle and I can make heads or tails of the throttle linkage to check adjustment...

Roccus

Forum Newbie
Threads

Thanks this was helpful to get me started finding info... I now have the owner manual for the tractor (no service manual yet) also a owner manual and service manual for the kohler motor but have found nothing yet for the 48" deck. I think I may need new valve seals for the motor but it looks like there are many variations of this motor and parts numbers are different for some parts like valve seals.... the sticker that has the motor info has fallen off the motor so I'm not sure how to determine which one I have.

I still can't tell even what year my tactor is but here is a pic of the hood graphics.. anyone know what year they used this style graphics??
s-l1600.jpg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Look for a black on silver tag under the seat or on the chassis. This should have the model and serial number. With those numbers I can tell you the exact year.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks this was helpful to get me started finding info... I now have the owner manual for the tractor (no service manual yet) also a owner manual and service manual for the kohler motor but have found nothing yet for the 48" deck. I think I may need new valve seals for the motor but it looks like there are many variations of this motor and parts numbers are different for some parts like valve seals.... the sticker that has the motor info has fallen off the motor so I'm not sure how to determine which one I have.

I still can't tell even what year my tactor is but here is a pic of the hood graphics.. anyone know what year they used this style graphics??
s-l1600.jpg

YOU ARE DOUBLE POSTING !! Please stick to one thread ,as you create chaos when doing so , it wastes everyone's time and people get lost in the back N forth , HELP us HELP YOU !!! ..:thumbdown:
Roccus ...... dont cause a RUCKUS !! ..:wink:

Roccus

Forum Newbie
Threads
Look for a black on silver tag under the seat or on the chassis. This should have the model and serial number. With those numbers I can tell you the exact year.

There are 2 silver stickers under the seat but both are unreadable... I have not found one on the frame, the 48" deck has model and serial number and I see a sticker in on the rear transmission/axle that has some numbers and bar code on it.. probably a part number?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There are 2 silver stickers under the seat but both are unreadable... I have not found one on the frame, the 48" deck has model and serial number and I see a sticker in on the rear transmission/axle that has some numbers and bar code on it.. probably a part number?

Get you hands on a digital camera, a real one , not a phone.
Set it to the highest resolution and take several photos of the tags at different angles.
make sure the camera is on some sort of a stand, a chair, stepladder not real important it just has to hold the camera steady.
Now download the images into your computer.
With an image manipulating app like Photoshop push the contrast to the max, then change the colours using a slider.
Generally the image you eyes can not see will jump right out & bite you.
If that isn't working, invert the colours ( called make negative sometimes )
Never found one yet that could not be read.
If you have some computer savvy kids, grandkids, task them to the job.