Time For New Mower. Husqvarna, Honda or Suggestion

Rickguns

Forum Newbie
Threads
Need advice please. Our 12 year old Husqvarna mower is getting a little tired. Considering a new replacement, hoping for a good late summer/early fall sale at Home Depot or Lowes. Have been VERY pleased with our Husqvarna 5521BBC I think largely because of the Honda engine. I am disabled but I enjoy cutting my yard (big accomplishment) I have to have a self propelled obviously. A Blade Brake Clutch is almost mandatory, Spinal Stenosis and Scoliosis makes me good for only a couple of pulls. It seems that Husq. has had problems with their 4 wheel drive mower so I will probably stay with a two wheel drive model whether it's Honda or Husq. If I go Husq. it has to have a Honda engine, I have never been a fan of Briggs. I also love the blade brake clutch that our current Husq has but that seems hard to find anymore on Husqvarna's. Will I need to drop a extra $150 or so to go Honda to get the Blade Brake Clutch and Honda engine? I need to stay at a $500 limit (maybe a little more) Are the Honda mowers worth the extra Dollars? Can a Authorized Husqvarna order me a two wheel drive with the BBC? Thanks for your help..........very appreciated

cruzenmike

Threads
  • / Time For New Mower. Husqvarna, Honda or Suggestion
Need advice please. Our 12 year old Husqvarna mower is getting a little tired. Considering a new replacement, hoping for a good late summer/early fall sale at Home Depot or Lowes. Have been VERY pleased with our Husqvarna 5521BBC I think largely because of the Honda engine. I am disabled but I enjoy cutting my yard (big accomplishment) I have to have a self propelled obviously. A Blade Brake Clutch is almost mandatory, Spinal Stenosis and Scoliosis makes me good for only a couple of pulls. It seems that Husq. has had problems with their 4 wheel drive mower so I will probably stay with a two wheel drive model whether it's Honda or Husq. If I go Husq. it has to have a Honda engine, I have never been a fan of Briggs. I also love the blade brake clutch that our current Husq has but that seems hard to find anymore on Husqvarna's. Will I need to drop a extra $150 or so to go Honda to get the Blade Brake Clutch and Honda engine? I need to stay at a $500 limit (maybe a little more) Are the Honda mowers worth the extra Dollars? Can a Authorized Husqvarna order me a two wheel drive with the BBC? Thanks for your help..........very appreciated

Honda lawn mowers are of high quality and if taken care of can surely last you a lifetime. Of course every piece of equipment can and will require parts or repairs during their lifetime but I can tell you from experience that my HRX went 7 whole summers mowing a quarter of an acre every 3-5 days during the mowing season without a single issue. I just sold it as I moved and no longer need a push mower and the gent who picked it up was absolutely thrilled to have another Honda in his collection. The features you are looking for make you a candidate for the HRX217HZA which has electric start, is self propelled and has the roto stop blade system. It will likely set you back an extra $300 plus tax over your budget, but it is likely worth it as it suits your needs. If you give up electric start you can save $100 or so. I do not have any experience whatsoever with Husqvarna push mowers, but my experience with the Honda has been nothing short of spectacular. I hope this helps!

Mike

Threads
  • / Time For New Mower. Husqvarna, Honda or Suggestion
You would be doing yourself a great injustice by buying a Honda push mower. It is a very nice machine, however $800 is an outrageous price for a push mower! If you really want a gorgeous and enjoyable machine look at the new Lawn Boy!! All sorts of amazing features, including the tri-cut system which increases clipping trajectory by nearly 15%. The two point deck height adjustment makes on the fly adjustments a breeze. Electric start, while not a necessity, is an excellent feature to have as well. This machine is awesome and is half the price of that Honda mower. I bought this machine for small tasks and tight quarters mowing operations such as touching up the edges around my chicken coop. I enjoyed using this machine so much that just for fun I decided to mow my entire 12 acre lawn with it! It took me about 16 hours, but the light bar attachment allowed me to mow well into the night and I enjoyed every second of it!! Although, the chickens didn't like the noise while they were trying to roost and egg production was low that morning. It was well worth it as I had the most rewarding and enjoyable mowing experience of my life! Go with the Lawn Boy!