Kubota G1800 won't shut off

mrficxit

Threads
Well guys, it's been a while since I first posted about my problem with my Kubota mower. I decided to be proactive (very unusual for me :laughing:) and fix my problem before the new mowing season was upon me.

I was going to use KennyV's suggestion and put in a push button, inline fused, wire to actuate the shut off solenoid. I was looking for a "convenient" spot to drill a hole for the push button when I happened to see a place on the left side of the mower where there was a "bulge" in the body of the mower. There was a grommet covering a hole that was already there. As I looked closer, I could tell that this spot was directly in line with the shut off solenoid.

I then realized I could buy a choke cable and modify it to manually pull on the shut off solenoid (which has a vertical screw sticking up on the bracket) and kill the engine without having to open the hood every time...and it was much easier (in my opinion) than wiring in a fused wire. So I went to my local hardware store and bought a 5' choke cable ($11), fitted it through the hole, measured what I needed, and cut off the excess.

I think I have read in some other forums where some Kubota machines are still outfitted with a shut off cable. Maybe they were on the G1800's at one time??? I realize that I can still leave the key on and shut off the mower, thereby draining my battery. I will just have to watch out for that.

Here are some pics.

Attachments

• Manual Shutoff 1.jpg
    Manual Shutoff 1.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 41
  • Manual Shutoff 2.jpg
    Manual Shutoff 2.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Manual Shutoff 3.jpg
    Manual Shutoff 3.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 37

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yep ... that's a great solution... & you have already realized the only real short coming, that being leaving the key in the on position ...
Most larger Kubota tractors have a Red pull knob for shut down, even the ones with the solenoid shut off system... :smile:KennyV