Kubota G1800 won't shut off

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
did you check those fuses?...gotta make sure thats done so we dont repeat ourselves:smile:

mrficxit

Threads
Sorry guys, went to bed and was just able to get back online during my work lunch. I'll grab a multimeter after work, recheck the fuses and connections, and post back what I find.

mrficxit

Threads
OK, I took some pics of various parts and attached them to show what I got - fuse box, ignition switch and combo box. I also uploaded the electrical diagram. It is kind of fuzzy but still very helpful.

I rechecked the fuses and connections and all is good. I took all the fuses out and of course nothing worked. Put only the 15A fuse in and the battery light and glow plug lights would work. I could start the mower just fine but it still won't turn off on it's own.

Attachments

• Fuse Connector.JPG
    Fuse Connector.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 56
  • Ignition Switch.jpg
    Ignition Switch.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 54
  • Combo Box.JPG
    Combo Box.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 68
  • G1800-Elec.jpg
    G1800-Elec.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
o..k your not getting voltage out of the combo box....they run about $125...could be box or something prior....great to see you found the schematic ...but the top is cut off can you resend that

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
also....is there anything else wrong electrically with your rig?

mrficxit

Threads
No, to my knowledge there isn't anything else wrong electrically with my mower. I also just noticed it was cut off on the top. This time it looks like it is complete.

I agree it could definitely be the mysterious combo box. I don't see how to change that out other than just cutting it off by the old wires and splicing with the new ones on the new box. Is that the way you would think it would be done? Is there any way to test to see if it is indeed bad? If it was bad, wouldn't you think I would have other electrical problems? (probably why you asked if I had other electical issues huh?) :biggrin:

So, on the Electrical Diagram, I've traced the 4 wires that come out of the Ignition Switch:
- 3BR goes to the glow plug.
- 3R goes to 20A fuse, then branches off to the Regulator and Starter
- 2BY goes straight to the Combo Box
- 1.25RW goes to 10A fuse box, then changes to RY, which goes to AC Generator / PTO Switch / and Combo Box

So, it looks like the two wires that could charge the shut off solenoid when the key is turned to the off position is either the 2BY or 1.25RW wire.

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
yes sir...sounds right....but i still cant see all of the diagram and cant read the wire colors small print..... there must be a coupling for the combo box somewhere down the line as shown on diagram.....the real question now does the combo box deliver voltage to the ess directly from the key switch or does it receive the signal from the key switch and deliver from another source?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
The time delay is in that combination box... if you can attach a LARGER file of the wiring diagram... it is only a 2.5k picture ... cant get it large enough...

All you need is a relay that will feed 12 volts to the fuel shut off solenoid for 5 seconds whenever the key switch is turned off... :smile:KennyV

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
it sucks when they have to put everything in one box instead of separate relays that are cheaper:thumbdown:......well were down to combo or ignition.....i talked to some guys yesterday about this and one of them bypassed it with separate switch..that is now an option in my mind:thumbsup:

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
just got off the phone with a kubota mechanic....he swears itll be the combo box....."seen it a million times"........its not proof but at least its not "once in a blue moon" kinda freak thing