011 AVT

ZAE

Threads
On this saw it is hard to start. it will try to start on the first pull. Then you have to take the choke off, lock the throttle in wide open position, and pull the rope several times to start it. once started it runs great, goes from idle to wide open instantly with no hesitation. It idles great. I have tried adjusting the carburetor but only makes it worse. The carb adjustments are currently set at one turn open from seated on both the high and low sides. Does anyone have a suggestion what I can do to get this to start normally? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That is the classic symptoms of leaking crankcase seals.
Hard to start from cold when seals are dry then runs fine once it gets going and seals are wet.
Joe pace form the Husqvarna tech school has some videos on EWE TOOB worth watching.
Boring as bat poo , slow & laboured but 100% correct
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5fQ4_jJP5Q

Lots of others out there but Joes is the best.

When I first started I used the method shown on the e-replacement parts videos.
The system of an in line spark tester & starter fluid is good for 4 strokes it just does not cut the mustard with 2 strokes
So now days it is pressure testing first before the temptation to rip into the carb takes over.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
That is pretty much how you start stihl saws. Pull with choke on till it pops which is sometimes one pull. Then choke off and high idle and pull till it starts.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Cleaning and adjusting the points will help the starting., or converting over to electronic ignition.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Fellas,
This is another old thread revivied because a spammer tacked some spam on the end of it
Right now the forum is under heavy attack , probably by a web bot