Toro DH220 Traction Belt

Keith UK

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi guys, I'm in the UK. I don't know if you have the Toro DH220 in the US but anyone out there with a DH220? I bought a new one in May 2014. After only 9 hours use the traction belt went. The company I bought it from had stopped doing Toro so I emailed Toro UK - they didn't reply! I went ahead and replaced it myself (I'm now 50 miles from a Toro dealer with no way of transporting the tractor). Now after 23 hours the second traction belt has gone and mangled itself up round the clutch and main drive shaft. I still havent got it out! After I posted a comment on their Facebook page Toro UK now say my warranty has run out so tough (or tuff!)

Anyone with traction belt problems on the DH220? I think it must be underated or there is some fundamental problem with my machine.:mad:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The DH220 was built for the European market, but is very similar to the US LX series, but much better constructed. A couple of things do not make sense to me or you haven't given us a true picture of what is happening. You tell us that the first belt failed after 9 hours. Did that occur outside the two year warranty? Second belt failed after 23 hours? This means in three years you have only operated the unit for 32 hours? When you replaced the first belt, did you use an OEM belt? Should be part number 125-2243. Non OEM belts will not last long on these units. If this unit sits a lot you need to check to see that all 4 idler pulleys are clean (non pitted) and are running smooth and free. One bad one will cause a belt to fail prematurely. Are the belt guides adjusted to be about 1/4" or. 6-8 mm from the belt? Is the belt tensioner moving smoothly? These are things you need to check.