Mower deck Mower clutch will no engage the blades.

TOM M

Forum Newbie
Threads
My blades quit working and when I checked the electronic engagement wire to the clutch, I found that the belt had rubbed against it and caused the wires to bare up, so I ordered a new piece to replace the bad one. It came in the mail today, and I put it on. It will not engage the clutch however I hear a click like it wants to engage it. What can be the problem? Any and all ideas are welcome at this point. Thank you.

hrdman2luv

Threads
My blades quit working and when I checked the electronic engagement wire to the clutch, I found that the belt had rubbed against it and caused the wires to bare up, so I ordered a new piece to replace the bad one. It came in the mail today, and I put it on. It will not engage the clutch however I hear a click like it wants to engage it. What can be the problem? Any and all ideas are welcome at this point. Thank you.

If your connections are good, I would start by making sure the battery is fully charged. I've seen good batteries, that were a little low on charge, not allow the clutch to work.

TOM M

Forum Newbie
Threads
Battery is charged fully. The engagement switch was replaced and it still does not work. Any more ideas?