Need help finding parts to vintage Sears Roebuck power reel mower

JimmyJustice

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Need help finding parts to vintage Sears Roebuck power reel mower
I am restoring a (circa 1954) Sears Roebuck power reel mower. Mfg by Yard Man for Sears, the plate on the mower deck indicates model number 123.8151. The engine is a Briggs and Stratton model number 500.105549 with a serial number 58687.

The guys sharpening the blades just called and indicated that they broke the bolts holding on the cutter bar. I believe these are the ones that also adjust height. Any suggestions on where I can find these bolts as well as any other parts for the mower?

Thank you.

Jim

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Need a picture of the bolts.

cashman

Threads
Yes a picture or drawing of the bolts needed would be a great help. Be sure to include the overall length of the bolt, the length of any shoulders on the bolt, and the thread size and anything else unique to them.

JimmyJustice

Forum Newbie
Threads
The bolts are roughly 2" by 1.5" a picture of one is attached. There is one on either side of the mower bar. I had this one welded but I am not sure it will hold. The bolt was pretty rusted through at the break. If I could find a manual for the model 123.8151, then it might have a part number in there for me to use as a search tool. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you.

JimIMG_4121.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
That may be a one of a kind bolt not ever reproduced. I would suggest you get 2 bolts the same size and take them to a machine shop and have them bent into the shape you need.
Sear does not have a manual or part diagram for that model. Out of luck on that too.