Looking for rear wheel

Dixieboy

Threads
Looking for a self propelled rear wheel #683626 or 683177. Any ideas? , Thanks

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
You could try eBay for the wheel.

Is that a 1967 Camaro Rally Sport? I like it.

Dixieboy

Threads
I will check e-bay, was hoping a forum member might have on squirreled away. I have some new old commercial wheels from about 1986 I would be willing to swap.

and yes it is, convertible too. I bought it when I was in high school in 1978 for $750. It was pretty rough then.

rfWi

Threads
Would this work?It is off an 8157.
004.jpg

005.jpg

Dixieboy

Threads
Looks like it , here is what I got . Had these squirrelled away for over 30 years in my garage. They are original OEM Lawnboy commercial white wheels, never used. I worked for Lawnboy from 1985 to 1988 and got them new then. I have 6" and 8". White color has turned a little off due to age. Would love to trade.
View attachment lawnboy wheels.pdf
having trouble adding photo, it worked!

rfWi

Threads
Looks like it , here is what I got . Had these squirrelled away for over 30 years in my garage. They are original OEM Lawnboy commercial white wheels, never used. I worked for Lawnboy from 1985 to 1988 and got them new then. I have 6" and 8". White color has turned a little off due to age. Would love to trade.
View attachment 33377
having trouble adding photo, it worked!

PM sent

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I will check e-bay, was hoping a forum member might have on squirreled away. I have some new old commercial wheels from about 1986 I would be willing to swap.

and yes it is, convertible too. I bought it when I was in high school in 1978 for $750. It was pretty rough then.

That's so awesome that you kept the car all those years and it still looks great. But please tell me it's not Powerglide. :laughing:

I hope your quest for the LB wheel works out.

If it's not too much trouble, tell us about your time working for Lawn Boy. There are some hardcore LB fans on this board. :cool:

Dixieboy

Threads
No powerglide, Originally the car was a straight six with three speed in the floor. That makes it quite rare, who would what a six banger RS convertible. I think only about 5,ooo made. When I got it the three speed was still in it but the six had been replaced with a 283 v-8. I immediately but a 350 and FOUR SPEED along with a 12 bolt posi. Hoping the wheel from rfWi works outs.

Dixieboy

Threads
That's so awesome that you kept the car all those years and it still looks great. But please tell me it's not Powerglide. :laughing:

I hope your quest for the LB wheel works out.

If it's not too much trouble, tell us about your time working for Lawn Boy. There are some hardcore LB fans on this board. :cool:

I worked for Lawnboy headquarters in Memphis Tn from 1985 to 1988, a total of 3 1/2 years in the engineering dept. I was in the advanced projects group working on future designs mosting dealing with engines and engine accessories. The top mount starter system that came out in 1987 is my only claim to Lawnboy fame. I did some testing and certifications for the U.S. CONSUMER PRODUCT SAFETY COMMISSION. I was heavily involved with the Walbro carb conversion around 1986. The F engine in all lawnboys is virtually the same with some differences if it is self propelled or not. Lawnboy bought Gilson in 1988 and headquarters were closed in Memphis and moved to Wisconsin. Then the next year they were bought by Toro. I didn't want to go north so I was laid off. Man that was a long post. I have a couple of these mowers from the 80's and still use them. People give them to me and I get them running. Oh yea , we made the John Deere walk behind mowers around the mid 80's too. All Lawnmowers were assembled in Sardis , Miss. and the f-engines were machined and assembled in Oxford, Miss. Go Ole Miss!

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I worked for Lawnboy headquarters in Memphis Tn from 1985 to 1988, a total of 3 1/2 years in the engineering dept. I was in the advanced projects group working on future designs mosting dealing with engines and engine accessories. The top mount starter system that came out in 1987 is my only claim to Lawnboy fame. I did some testing and certifications for the U.S. CONSUMER PRODUCT SAFETY COMMISSION. I was heavily involved with the Walbro carb conversion around 1986. The F engine in all lawnboys is virtually the same with some differences if it is self propelled or not. Lawnboy bought Gilson in 1988 and headquarters were closed in Memphis and moved to Wisconsin. Then the next year they were bought by Toro. I didn't want to go north so I was laid off. Man that was a long post. I have a couple of these mowers from the 80's and still use them. People give them to me and I get them running. Oh yea , we made the John Deere walk behind mowers around the mid 80's too. All Lawnmowers were assembled in Sardis , Miss. and the f-engines were machined and assembled in Oxford, Miss. Go Ole Miss!

Thanks for the LB history lesson. I didn't know that LB had such a strong connection to the South. :cool:

If you think of any other tidbits of Lawn-Boy history, I'd love to hear them.