Scag Tiger Cat PTO plastic connector

vintageman

Threads
My Scag Tiger Cat with 19 hp Kaw engine was blowing fuses and also heated the wires to the PTO switch. Turned out to be the magnetic clutch. The plastic connector to the pto switch melted on two of the wires. Had to cut the connector to get them out. Where can you buy the connector as opposed to replacing the wiring harness?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Do a google search for wiring connectors. Then click on images. Look till you find it.

GFGT

Threads
Is there a name brand on the connector? Something like Amp, Tyco, ADI, or Amphenol? You might start there and then search their offerings.

vintageman

Threads
My Scag Tiger Cat with 19 hp Kaw engine was blowing fuses and also heated the wires to the PTO switch. Turned out to be the magnetic clutch. The plastic connector to the pto switch melted on two of the wires. Had to cut the connector to get them out. Where can you buy the connector as opposed to replacing the wiring harness?

I contacted scag direct because my Scag dealer could not determine if the connector was serviceable. After some discussion including purchasing a new wiring harness due to the melted connector, the person at scag gave me Scag part number, 481688, which is a 8-way connector. I ordered it from the dealer and it arrived today. IT IS THE CORRECT CONNECTOR FOR THE PTO WIRES TO THE PTO SWITCH.

So, if any of you are having the same melted connecter problem on the aforementioned zero turn application, this will solve your problem. Vintageman

whirly

Forum Newbie
Threads
I contacted scag direct because my Scag dealer could not determine if the connector was serviceable. After some discussion including purchasing a new wiring harness due to the melted connector, the person at scag gave me Scag part number, 481688, which is a 8-way connector. I ordered it from the dealer and it arrived today. IT IS THE CORRECT CONNECTOR FOR THE PTO WIRES TO THE PTO SWITCH.

So, if any of you are having the same melted connecter problem on the aforementioned zero turn application, this will solve your problem. Vintageman

Common problem and all dealers want to sell you a complete wiring harness. PN-481688 is just the shell w/o the connectors. If you melted the original connectors into the plastic like I did, you will need some crimp-on female spade connectors. If you have trouble finding the part there is a seller on eBay for $5+shipping.