B&D 48V mower - flap issue?

Mike W

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello. I recently bought a B&D cordless electric mower that generally runs great. I noticed yesterday that the black flap which trails behind the mower base is only attched on one side. This is the rubberized plastic anchored on the back of the platform so it protects the human pushing the mower from small debrie coming out and hitting the ankle.

I'm wondering if anyone has a good idea of how to reattach the part? The remaining connection seems to be a bolt that doesn't have a washer that is permanently part of the platform. (Obviously it isn't too permanent since the other one failed). There's a lot of vibration so I'm not sure how to keep it on for good.

Thanks,

Mike

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
did you buy it new? seems like a reason to return and exchange, or a warranty issue.

maybe the unit you bought was returned by someone who damaged it without revealing the damage?

anyway - if you can get creative and find a way to bolt it back in place yourself, some Loctite or Permatex 'threadlocker' should keep any nuts/bolts together for a very long time. (or maybe pop-rivets?)