Help!! HONDA HRZ216TDA No Spark

zman111666

Threads
I have come across a few mowers that have the safety switch/flywheel brake hung up, like BlazNT said. When you pull down the bar before you pull the cord, make sure the switch is opening properly. Sometimes due to fatigue, the bracket will eventually bend enough to where the kill switch never breaks contact. You can usually correct this simply with a pair of pliers, and bend the part that holds the cable end back a bit.
brakeSwitch.jpg

Honda Tech

Threads
OK. So you have confirmed that you have a bright blue spark. You prime it with starter fluid and no fire. Simple: You need three for it to run. Ignition / Fuel / Compression. Which of these three have not been verified? Compression! This engine should have 71 psi compression. I am quite sure you will find that you do not have 71 psi. I would next perform a leak-down test to determine where the loss of compression is originating from. Likely, a valve issue.

Honda Tech

Threads
OK. So you have confirmed that you have a bright blue spark. You prime it with starter fluid and no fire. Simple: You need three for it to run. Ignition / Fuel / Compression. Which of these three have not been verified? Compression! This engine should have 71 psi compression. I am quite sure you will find that you do not have 71 psi. I would next perform a leak-down test to determine where the loss of compression is originating from. Likely, a valve issue.