OIL QUESTION ON BRAND NEW HONDA COMMERCIAL PUSH MOWER

de3

Threads
  • / OIL QUESTION ON BRAND NEW HONDA COMMERCIAL PUSH MOWER
I own several honda products,EU 6500is,EU1000,HRX,AND A HRR.....Just brought home a new HRC 216 Commercial,I was wondering if I could run 0/40 amsoil in it.....just was wanting to try something different,I do run 10/40 honda oil in the rest of my honda products...this mower didn't come with oil.....

deckeda

Threads
It comes down to faith.

With regular oil changes, dinosaur oil will still permit that engine to outlast you. Or at least the rest of the mower. (I gave up trying to out-engineer engineers years ago.)

deck~dragger

Threads
You paid big bucks for that machine. I can understand shipped from the manufacturer dry, but did not come from the dealer with oil, not even a qt. to fill?

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
KISS
Keep It Simple Stupid.
Use the same oil as everything else.
How long it is in there is far more important than what is in there.
Synthetics adversely effect rings bedding in so not a good idea to use them from new.
Just so long as the oil is within the viscosity range specified by the makers it will be fine.
Lower cold viscosities will make the engines easier to start due to less viscious drag.
Lower cold viscosities means a lower viscosity base oil so it will break down faster and thus need changing more often.