ELECTRICAL PROBLEM

john dear

Forum Newbie
Threads
I HAVE A JOHN DEERE ZERO TURN MOWER MODEL#Z225 MADE IN 2007. I REPLACED THE SOLENOID FOR THE STARTER AND THE IGNITION SWITCH. ALL THE SAFETY SWITCHES WORKED FINE UNTIL I CHANGED OUT THE SOLENOID AND THE IGNITION SWITCH. NOW WHEN I CRANK THE ENGINE AND TRY TO REMOVE THE PARKING BRAKE IT SHUTS THE ENGINE OFF. ALSO IF I TRY TO PULL EITHER ONE OR BOTH OF THE STEERING LEVERS TO THE CENTER OF THE MOWER IT SHUTS OFF THE ENGINE. IF I TRY TO PULL THE PTO BUTTON UP TO ENGAGE THE BLADES WHILE THE ENGINE IS RUNNING IT SHUTS THE ENGINE OFF. I JUST CAN'T SEE ALL OF THE SAFETY SWITCHES GOING OUT AT ONE TIME WHEN THEY ALL WORKED FINE BEFORE I CHANGED OUT THE SOLENOID AND THE IGNITION SWITCH. DO YOU HAVE ANY ADVICE AS TO WHAT THE PROBLEM MIGHT BE?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Assuming that you have the correct key switch and solenoid for your model, The seat switch would be the common link for all the symptoms. The mower doesn't think anybody is on the seat.

helomech

Threads
Assuming that you have the correct key switch and solenoid for your model, The seat switch would be the common link for all the symptoms. The mower doesn't think anybody is on the seat.

Ding ding, this ^^ is the most likely problem.

john dear

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm sorry I forgot to tell you that the seat switch was disabled when I bought it. I drove it from my son's house to mine and everything worked fine. Now after refurbishing mower I have this issue. I haven't checked the safety swithes yet I just didn't think they all would go bad at one time.Now I have a thought. If the park brake switch is bad the steering arms probably wouldn't work anyhow because you can't release the park brake without it shutting the engine off so therefore the park brake is telling the steering arms not to work because the brake is still up. I will check all switches today. Any more suggestions?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Listen to what is being told to you. All of your safety switches run through the seat switch. All the safety switches are working because when you move them the engine stops. Your seat switch that has been worked on is no longer working the way it was bypassed. Remember the seat switch is not needed to start the mower just engage the blades or move the mower.

john dear

Forum Newbie
Threads
Listen to what is being told to you. All of your safety switches run through the seat switch. All the safety switches are working because when you move them the engine stops. Your seat switch that has been worked on is no longer working the way it was bypassed. Remember the seat switch is not needed to start the mower just engage the blades or move the mower.

OK GUYS YOU ARE A REAL GODSEND. PUTTING THE NEW SEAT SWITCH IN FIXED MY PROBLEMS 100%. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE FOR 3 STRAIGHT DAYS AND YOU GUYS GIVE ME INFORMATION TO FIX IT IN 5 MINUTES. THANKS LAWN MOWER FORUM FOR HAVING THIS PAGE PUT UP. THE LAWN MOWER TECHNICIANS ARE VERY SMART AND KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND HOW TO SOLVE PROBLEMS AND ISSUES. I COULD NEVER THANK YOU ENOUGH GUYS. MAY GOD WRAP HIS EVERLASTING LOVE AROUND YOUR HEART ALWAYS AND FOREVER. AMEN! THANKS AGAIN SMART TECHNICIANS AND LAWN MOWER FORUM. YOU GUYS KEEP DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING. YOU JUST DON'T KNOW HOW HAPPY YOU ARE MAKING SOME PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO STRUGGLING WITH PROBLEMS THEY CAN'T SOLVE AND ALONG COMES YOU GUYS. THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!