Help please

VIRGINIA F

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello All,

I own an older model GD GT262. I can start it fine and it will run well until I put it in any gear (other than neutral), then it stops immediately. When I put it back in neutral, it starts right back up again with no problem.

I am hoping that someone might be able to tell me what I need to order or do to fix it.

Called the local GD dealership and he didn't seem to know what is wrong. Almost $200.00 just to pick it up and bring it back home. I thought I would try this site to see if anyone might be able to give some feedback before I spend that kind of money just for transportation.

Thanking you in advance for your generous help,
Virginia F.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have no idea what a GD is however if it has a manual gearbox some of these have a neutral switch on them .
Mostly these are wired into the cranking circuit so you can not start the mower in gear which puts too much load on the starter.
Does it die before you take your foot off the brake / clutch pedal or after.
Sit on the mower , with it in neutral and try to engage the blades.
Let us know if that also kills the engine.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Have no idea what a GD is however if it has a manual gearbox some of these have a neutral switch on them .
Mostly these are wired into the cranking circuit so you can not start the mower in gear which puts too much load on the starter.
Does it die before you take your foot off the brake / clutch pedal or after.
Sit on the mower , with it in neutral and try to engage the blades.
Let us know if that also kills the engine.

I think she MEANS a JD GT262 ( John Deere )