ZOOM 34 Model 915157 with 14-1/2 B&S BLADES to PTO Power Take Off BELT REPLACEMENT

qikbbstang

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / ZOOM 34 Model 915157 with 14-1/2 B&S BLADES to PTO Power Take Off BELT REPLACEMENT
ZOOM 34 Model 915157 with 14-1/2 B&S BLADES to PTO Power Take Off BELT REPLACEMENT

Hope this helps some ZT34 users:

I broke a blade drive belt, checked out the print-it-yourself ARIENS Owners Manual for doing a belt replacement. Incredible how incomplete the manual is on servicing the belt. Pages EN29-EN30. There is a belt guide on right side pulley that must be removed to get the new belt situated. The biggest error I found was the weldmount Idler Arm #3 and its long Bolt #20 & Nut must be moved around by applying a socket both above and below the deck to allow the entire idler arm pulley assembly to be properly situated to the belt pathway. Par for the course this idler floats with the help of the Tension Spring #26 the idler arm -- there was no indication ARIENS ever greased the assembly. I used a pair of large needle nose Vice-Grips to manhandle the tensioning spring #26 and the Vice Grips again and a large screwdriver to return the tensioning spring to its eye.
Went pretty well - about an hour messing with it. I took the time to thoroughly wax my deck, all the bolts, pulley's and spring etc while I had things accessible and of course I lubed the floating tensioner assembly with my favorite motorcycle chain lube.