Mowing in Reverse

goosemasterkl

Threads
Would someone give me some info on how to fix my RZT L42 zero turn mower so it will not disengage the pto when I mow in reverse? I know it's a safety thing but I would like to fix it so when I back-up it don't stop my blades. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Generally I disapprove of bypassing safety switches but the mow in reverse is one of the most stupid pieces of Nanny state idealism I have ever come across.
So this is a PIA job

The wiring schematic shows a left & right reverse cut switchs but my parts books do not list or show them.
They will either be on the lap bars or the motor control arms.

There is a neutral switch on each lap bar which activates when they are pushed out so if there is another one that gets pushed in when the lap bars go into reverse, they will be the reverse cut out switches.
You can just unplug them and tie the wires off out of the way.
If you sell the mower they must be reconnected because if the moron manages to hurt themselves a smarty pants attorney will some how make you responsible ( only in America so they say )

csmlet

Threads
I have a 2017 RZT L42 and there is an option to mow in reverse. The ignition switch can be turned back one position and push a button and you can mow in reverse until you either stop completely or disengage the PTO,

goosemasterkl

Threads
My Cub Cadet RZT L42(2013 model) I'm working on I can't seem to find the plugs that need to be unplugged to allow me to mow in reverse without disengaging the blades. Could someone tell me where the plugs would be located? Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
my john deere has a bypass switch that you press for momentary reverse cutting, I removed the switch and installed a flip switch in its place, in the off position the mower works like intended. When I use it, I leave it flipped on.

ransom

Forum Newbie
Threads
I do not have the exact mower, but I do have a rzt 42. there is a cut out switch that is activated when you move the control art to the rear. Remove approx. 6 3/8 hex screws and remove the side cover plate. There should be adjustments for the switch. If no adjustments. just unplug the wires. Hope this is helpful. Just joined the forum today and already getting to participate.