X300 Runs for 10 to 15 seconds and then stalls

gr8t73

Forum Newbie
Threads
'I know this is a common problem with the X300 and I've read many online postings regarding this but never saw a solution. My X300 starts and runs perfect for 15 or 20 seconds then stalls. If I leave it at idle it will run a bit longer but still eventually stalls. I've changed the fuel filter, tested the engine control module, tested the fuel pump and checked all the fuel lines to ensure they were clean and clear. I was hoping someone on this forum might have the solution.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Clean your carb and replace needle valve.

gr8t73

Forum Newbie
Threads
The problem has been resolved. The issue was trash in the fuel tank. Removed tank and cleaned. Just finished mowing the yard and mower ran great.:laughing:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I read your post and assumed you had checked that. Never assume anything. Always start with the cheap stuff. My mom used to tell me if your car does not start do not replace the engine. Took me a while to understand what she meant.

X300

Forum Newbie
Threads
The problem has been resolved. The issue was trash in the fuel tank. Removed tank and cleaned. Just finished mowing the yard and mower ran great.:laughing:

Same here...took out the tank and cleaned it...but I think that the real issue was with a small amount of related debris in the fuel line between the tank and the filter...an airline blew out fine particles along with the gas...now it runs as new!

gr8t73

Forum Newbie
Threads
Same here...took out the tank and cleaned it...but I think that the real issue was with a small amount of related debris in the fuel line between the tank and the filter...an airline blew out fine particles along with the gas...now it runs as new!

I cleaned fuel tank and fuel lines replaced fuel filter, cleaned carburetor, replaced fuel pump, replaced ignition module. Still same problem although mower now may run for hours or minutes very intermittent. Cleaned fuel lines again this time blew through them with compressed air. This seems to have fixed the problem. Very costly and I think the problem all along was debris in the fuel tank which ended up in the fuel lines.

X300

Forum Newbie
Threads
Glad that the issue is fixed...when you look at the routing of the fuel line to get under the fender deck, the line almost forms a natural low spot /trap where any small debris can get stuck (and build up over time)....if this problem occurs again, this is the first thing I will check

TJR345

Threads
Get a funnel with a screen in it to help keep stuff out.